Saturday, November 14, 2015

Older workers should use initiative

Mr. Tan
I like to share this experience with you and to get your views.

A year ago, I employed an  admin staff who was in her early forties. She had been out of work for many years. I provided training to her and paid her an allowance. She was slow, and lacked initiative, I did not mind, as she was not earning much.

Later, she complained that she was earning less than another younger worker and that her pay did not reflect her working experience. She resigned shortly afterwards.

A few months later, she asked if she could come back and work for me. Should I take her?

REPLY
If you need her service, you can discuss with her and see if she had changed her attitude. She must have realized that it is not easy to find a job.

Her priority should be to improve her productivity and show initiative, by using her working experience in a positive manner.



No comments:

Blog Archive